REVIEW: Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation

by - Tuesday, June 17, 2014




I've never been able to find a foundation that matches my skin colour and my skin type, until I came across Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation. As you can see from the photo above I'm super pale and there's no reason for it, I just don't tan. 

I'm going to give only honest reviews on my blog so I'm going to be brutally honest. Again, from the photo above you can see that both colours don't exactly match my skin colour, I have to bring my foundation down my neck and then bronze. I've come to the conclusion that I'll never find a foundation that is the same colour as my skin, but that's no problem when you blend and use bronzer! You may think I'm strange because I have two totally different colours in the pictures but there is a reason. I'm known to have a spray tan on a special occasion and If I take a photo my neck will be tanned and my face will be super pale and its not a good look, So I went along to the Estée Lauder counter and asked for a sample of a darker foundation. I MUST add that Estée Lauder are brilliant at giving you samples and trying foundations out on you before giving you one. 

I find the formula very runny, which is strange as it gives full coverage! I wrongly assume that every foundation that is high coverage and that stays in place all day would have a thick formula. I like that it's not what I thought. I struggled to blend it for the first couple of days but I tried different ways (Brushes, Beauty Blenders and my hands/fingers) to put it on. I found that using a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush worked the best. 

What's your favourite foundation? 


You May Also Like

0 comments