How to: Vanilla Biscuits

by - Tuesday, July 01, 2014

As I mentioned in a blog post last week, I've been doing a bit of baking and I wanted to share some of my favourite recipes with you all. I made Vanilla Biscuits this week so here is the recipe! 




You will need: 

150g of UNSALTED butter
75g of Caster sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
300g of Plain white flour
1 egg


For Biscuits
First thing you should do is preheat your oven 180 or for a fan oven 160. Add butter, sugar and vanilla extract into the bowl and mix together, then add your egg and gradually add the flour until it turns into a dough. Wrap the dough in cling film for 35 minutes and put it in the fridge to chill. Once the chilling is over roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and cut out whatever shape you'd like! I did stars (snowflakes more like!) my families initials, hearts, circles and triangles! Place on a baking tray (lined with baking paper) for 15 minutes. 

For decoration
Melt your chocolate and decorate your biscuits with a pattern of your choice! You can add sprinkles, icing, chocolate or sweeties. I used dark chocolate!


*Icing recipe found on YouTube and Cake recipe found on Google*



You May Also Like

0 comments