THIS MODERN LOVE

by - Tuesday, January 10, 2017



This modern love is a book full of love letters. It starts with the author, Will Darbyshire, asking questions via social media, that he wanted his viewers/fans to answer. He states in the book he had thousands of replies. I love the way this book is set out and the way Will got his viewers (I say viewers, as he is a YouTuber) involved. I received this book as a Christmas present and I was SO excited to read it. On a pamper evening, not long after Christmas I decided to run myself a bath filled with Lush goodies and have a little read of this. After a while I realised I had read nearly 150 pages.. In my own opinion this is definitely one of those books you don't want to put down! The book took me through a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions. Some good, some bad. My favourite bit about this book is that all the letters are deep and meaningful but I love the funny ones too.


Within two days I had finished the book. The photographs inside speak a thousand words, maybe even words you couldn't say. I love that people were so open writing how they truly felt for someone else. 


If you're a softy at heart most of them will tug at the heart strings and make you go 'aww!' some might even make you cry. The saddest thing about this book is the end section. You go from reading lovely sentimental letters to things you just don't want to read. As someone whose happiness radiates from someone elses, I became quite upset reading the last few letters. If you're anything like me, then I would recommend reading END - MIDDLE - START instead. Haha. 

I highly recommend this book. It's a good'un!

Happy Reading.

You May Also Like

0 comments